Warnings & Instructions for Safe Use
Anyone who had a 'proper childhood' has the scars to prove it - toys like these can be dangerous if the correct precautions are not taken.
The following recommendations will help to minimise the risks, however common sense should always prevail. Most importantly start slowly and learn to control the kart before over-enthusiastic brothers start pushing too fast!
- Small parts, sharp points and the use of dangerous tools mean that this kit must be assembled by an adult.
- As this kart is made from natural wood there is a risk of splinters. We recommend gloves are worn whenever handling it.
- Risk of trapped fingers. Keep hands away from the steering mechanism, brake and wheels.
- This kart should be used with caution since skill is required to avoid falls or collisions causing injury to the user or third parties.
- This kart is only suitable for children aged 6 and over and is only to be used under the direct supervision of an adult.
- Risk of injury from falls and collisions. The following protective equipment is recommended:
- Knee pads
- Elbow pads
- Always use your kart in a large area with plenty of open space such as a park. It is recommended to only use the kart on grass or another soft surface, not asphalt.
- Always sit on the seat, with both feet on the steering bar and, when not braking, both hands on the rope. Never stand or lie on the kart.
- As this kart is supplied as a kit it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure it is built and maintained correctly, and is in good condition.
- Before use:
- Visually inspect the kart for any loose or broken pieces
- Check that there are no cracks or splinters in the wood
- Check that the wheels are attached securely, move freely and are free from rust
- Check that all thread and nut covers remain in place and that no sharp edges are exposed
- Check that all nuts are correctly tightened
- Test the operation of the brake to ensure it is working
Return to the Shop